About this event
Dramatic shifts in the information technology industry offer new kinds of performance capabilities and throughput. Professionals in HPC, Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics and Life Sciences are cordially invited to learn more about industry trends & directions and IT solutions from NVIDIA and IBM.
- Brad Davidson - NVIDIA Senior Solutions Architect
- Janis Landry-Lane – IBM Worldwide Program Director for Genomic Medicine
- Jane Yu – IBM Worldwide Team Lead, Translational Medicine Solutions
Jane Yu, MD, PhD is a solution architect for Healthcare & Life Science within IBM Systems. With more than 25 years of experience spanning clinical healthcare, biomedical research, advanced analytics, engineering, enterprise IT, and management consulting, Dr. Yu has been providing healthcare and life science thought leadership in support of large-scale Big Data compute and storage initiatives. Since joining IBM in 2011, Dr. Yu has been partnering with IBM technical experts to build on-premise and cloud-based data management and analytics systems that accelerate and reduce the cost of clinical and basic science research. Dr. Yu’s hands-on experience in biomedical research is broad—spanning laboratory genomic sequencing, cellular and organ physiology, and computational biology. She holds an MD and a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics & Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Allow us to inform you on how we are partnering to build a scalable-technology infrastructure to support HPC and Genomic Medicine that can help dramatically improve outcomes worldwide. The requirements of HPC and Genomics applications are pushing the limits of current infrastructure capabilities. Through our OpenPower Foundation partnership, IBM and NVIDIA are delivering solutions to help meet those needs.
Use the registration link to register your attendance.
- 8:30 - Sign in
- 9:00 - Current Challenges in Genomics & Translational Medicine: Big Data Analytics - Industry Example: Healthcare & Life Sciences or other relevant industries
- 9:30 - IBM Systems Reference Architecture to support Big Data Analytics - Industry Example: Healthcare & Life Sciences and other relevant industries
- 10:00 - IBM POWER with CAPI FPGA
- 10:30 - NVIDIA GPU with NV-Link
- 11:00 - IBM Spectrum Storage - Spectrum Scale & Hybrid Cloud
- 11:30 - IBM Software Defined Infrastructure - Spectrum LSF; Spectrum Conductor
- 12:00 - Lunch
Registration is mandatory to attend. Seating is limited. Please RSVP as soon as possible.
If unable to attend in person, or coming in via the room at IUPUI, use this information to connect:
Conference number (dial this from your videoconferencing room): Conf ID: 232008 (make sure to mute your MIC please)
Live URL: http://www.indiana.edu/~video/stream/liveflash.html?filename=IBMHPC_NVIDIA